Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The beginning!

                             (Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/creationcentre/501300354/)

                               (Source: http://www.footballpictures.net/details.php?image_id=391)


Hello everyone! This is the beginning of my first blog, the Blog Ambidextrous. I have been thinking since a long time ago to start writing a sports blog focused on soccer in which I can share my ideas about soccer with those who are interested. Now, the fact that I am initiating an independent study in Sports Media in Berea College is the motivation for me to begin to share my thoughts with you!

First of all, I want to explain the origin of the name "Blog Ambidextrous". I had this idea to name the blog because this is going to be a bilingual blog, a blog in which each text is going to be posted not only in English but also in Portuguese. In soccer, the ambidextrous players normally are able to play in more than one function inside the pitch. I intend for this blog to be multifunctional, so in this sense, to be ambidextrous, playing with both feet, in every side of the pitch, i.e., in every side of the ocean, analyzing soccer in Brazil, in Europe and also providing information about the Berea College Soccer Team and its upcoming soccer season next fall.

I invite you guys to come with me in this journey and find here a place in which your comments are going to all be answered with quality and respect, and a place in which we can talk about soccer in a enjoyable conversation.

Thank you,

Luiz Fernando Iubel

1 comment:

  1. Clever idea to use the name ambidextrous! I like the pics too - I didn't get it at first, lol, but once I looked again I saw it. Looking forward to reading more from you!

    ReplyDelete